The simple piecework of log cabin quilt layouts has a timeless charm that lends itself to endless log cabin quilt designs.They work very well with scrap fabric, and present a natural way to play with color value in quilt design.
One of the best parts about a log cabin quilt pattern is that it can create a truly timless piece. Choose one of our greatest full size log cabin quilt patterns from below to get started on your most memorable project yet.
Log cabin quilt patterns are a staple in American quilting, and first rose to popularity during the time of the Civil War. Traditional log cabin quilts typically use a red center square, meant to symbolize the hearth of a home, and are often associated with the pioneer movement of the 1800s. Log cabin quilts were also used to symbolize stops on the Underground Railroad.
- Make quick log cabin blocks using 1-1/2in strips. Perfect for honey buns or stash fabrics. Simply cut 2 strips in each slot and assemble (for one block). Makes a finished 7in square.
- Make quick log cabin blocks using 2.5” strips. Perfect for jellyrolls or stash fabrics. Simply cut 2 strips in each slot and assemble (for one block). Makes a finished 14” square.
- Fast & precise without sacrificing accuracy!
- Instructions for use and video tutorials!
- 1/8" Thick Transparent Acrylic Templates
- Easy to follow, concise, fast, easy to understand.